Stuck lifts and rubbish from upstairs



When I was a child, one of my favorite activities was flying paper planes out of my 4th floor kitchen window down to the parking lot below. My mom turned a blind eye to that most of the time. She did not turn a blind eye to water dripping from our neighbor's laundry hanging outside the window upstairs onto ours. The remedy was to use a bamboo pole to hit the ceiling of our kitchen a few times as a warning to the neighbor upstairs.

My mom also kept an eye out for the "egg man". He would come in his truck, selling eggs to all the housewives in the area. I kept my eye out for the ice-cream man. Thinking about it, we were on the last or second last storey to be able to spot them on the street below. The egg man and the ice-cream man didn't worry about that. They shouted and honked their presence- and you would not miss them from the twelve storey.

No comments: